Monday 8 October 2018

Week 6 - Involvement in School Activities

By this time, I had already familiarized myself with the school well and capable of making meaningful contribution in activities within the school. 

MSMUN Advisor 

Having joined MUN previously, I have been working closely with the lead teachers to get a grasp of the club and more importantly to know how I can be of help. In preparation for the upcoming MUN conference, I have been assigned the role of being the MSMUN advisor. I will be working with the middle school learners in formulating a UN resolution for Qatar on Human Rights. 

This is a role I intend to take seriously as I too will be learning a lot in the club. Hopefully, I will attend the club events and gain a firsthand knowledge on the roles of lead teachers in such a club. 

Secondary Production

I have been working with lead teachers in secondary production with an aim of making a contributions in the production. So far, no specific role has been assigned to me yet, probably because the students in the production have not started their rehearsals yet. The production was still auditioning and it is on Thursday (4th October) when students were assigned their roles. Hopefully I will help in the production as action is set to begin next week. 

International Day

This was one of the most exciting days in school. Apart from the fun activities, there was so much to learn. 
  1. Firstly, I again saw the importance of planning in making any event successful. All the participants planned well for this event to make it as colorful as it was.  
  2. I also learned the importance of teamwork in promoting success. The administration worked in coherence with all the departments to make the event flow in a smooth manner. 
  3.  Of course, sense of national identity and respect for other people's culture was also a thing to note during the day.
I also had a great chance to interact and guide our house team members through the various activities of the day.
There is so much that I can say about this day but I leave it at that with a winding quote from Martin Luther King Jr. that says; "If we are to have peace on earth, our loyalties must transcend our race, our tribe, our class, and our nation; and this means we must develop a world perspective". This is exactly what BMIS displayed on that day 

No comments:

Post a Comment