Saturday 15 September 2018

Week 3 Reflection at Braeburn Mombasa - Settling in



This was my first time in an international school. Having been schooled in typical national schools with no touch of international education, you can imagine the kind of anxieties that filled my mind! 

The school headteacher, Mr. Tom Craven was assigned to me as a personal mentor during my training at the school. We had a brief discussion, which was mainly to set the dates for our regular mentor-trainee meetings.

With the help of Miss Laetitia Mkok (Head of Languages), I was able to, swiftly, familiarize myself with the international curriculum used in Braeburn Mombasa. She took personal responsibility to ensure I have all I need to settle; and indeed I settled well. 
Her help has been unimaginably great, fast-tracking my swift adaptation to the school.

I was also glad to meet Mr. Kamana, who is a former PGCE(i) student. He shared great insights into the course and offered some valuable tips for balancing between school work and PGCEi coursework, which has been quite overwhelming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment